Friday, April 1, 2016

Back to BC


Words never leave
enough space
for thinking
carry on they say
keep calm
fuck off
my fire amused you
you had some of your own
and not just for dancing
a kinks song came to me today
just came to me
from where?
the summer of the kinks
always a fond reminder
water towers and flowers
the first graffiti I did
I know it's the past
but I like it
Nobody lived it but us
and me
to say I was there is a privilege
you live on in my lyrics
and my art
the lost decade was fun
being lost with you
when you tried to bribe the police in Calgary
they weren't impressed
Nobody was
except me
we understood each other
2 days later we were in the back of a police car in lake Louise
We were friends with them before the lights were in the rear view
Next thing you know, you talked them into lights and sirens
and 130km/h down the highway
It wasn't like we were criminals
we were nice young men from nice, suburban roots
they knew
there was an understanding
you tried to get up in court with your crutches
the next day
I sat you down, got up and sincerely apologised
the judge didn't care
he had heard a thousand empty apologies
oh well, we paid $100 each and were on our way
back to BC

No comments:

Post a Comment