Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Always


Every once in a while, I check the stats of this blog, just to see if anyone is actually coming to read it anymore. The numbers have fallen from what they used to be, as I am a lot less prolific nowadays. I mean, we had a child this year, I work 70 hours a week, you understand. Things are moving...

Time is of the essence. There is much to do and such a very little time allotted in which to do it all. If there is even one person that returns to this blog to view my words, pictures, or the myriad of stolen intellectual property that I also have displayed here, I am very fortunate and grateful for your visits. I try to be honest but I can't be too honest, until certain people have moved on, if you know what I mean. Can't have authoritarian figures judging from on high.

All art is theft. I don't know who said that but it was probably someone who stole or borrowed images from someone else. All artists want to be original but unconsciously incorporate the styles of their contemporaries or predecessors into their work. I am sure I do this. I have spent many an hour looking at the art that has come before me.

The art I make is highly political in nature and in nomenclature. As a writer, I really think of the name for a piece before any work is done on the wood before me. The world provides endless subject matter for all of us to use at our own will. The challenge is to be able to keep moving on, when there really is no reward other than the joy of doing it. Which is the reason we do it. And, after all is said and done, it is always worth the effort. 

Always.
Thank you for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment