Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mikhail Kalashnikov ponders the impact of his invention upon his death bed...



"The pain in my soul is unbearable. I keep asking myself the same unsolvable question: If my assault rifle took people's lives, it means that I, Mikhail Kalashnikov, ... son of a farmer and Orthodox Christian am responsible for people's deaths"


“The longer I live, the more often that question gets into my brain, the deeper I go in my thoughts and guesses about why the Almighty allowed humans to have devilish desires of envy, greed and aggression. Everything changes, only a man and his thinking remain unchanged: he’s just as greedy, evil, heartless and restless as before!”

“I sleep well. It’s the politicians who are to blame for failing to come to an agreement and resorting to violence.” 

“If the weapon is used to defend the Motherland, the Church supports both its creators and the servicemen using it."

The AK 47 is the world's most popular rifle. There are an estimated 100 million of them in circulation around the globe. The rifle is responsible for literally millions of deaths since it was invented by Kalashnikov. The above quotes were taken from a letter he wrote to the head of the Russion Orthodox Church, asking if he were to blame for the deaths his rifle had caused.


No comments:

Post a Comment