Thursday, June 27, 2013

Word back from the Office of the Premier


Thank you for your email regarding arts funding.

The provincial government is proud of the tremendous creative talent in British Columbia and we are aware of the very valuable role it plays in the quality of life for our citizens and communities.  In fact, new grants to support arts spaces and places were just announced last April and the announcement can be viewed athttp://www.newsroom.gov.bc.ca/2013/04/new-bc-grants-support-arts-spaces-and-places.html.

We have shared your comments with the new Minister of Community, Sport and Cultural Development, the Honourable Coralee Oakes, so that she too is aware of your views.  We can assure you that government will continue to consider the value of the arts whenever funding decisions are under consideration.

You have also referred to a previous email you sent regarding the Enbridge pipeline.  We can assure you that your views were appreciated, noted and remain on file. 

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

I was very pleased to receive a reply from the Premier's office. I was quite happy, actually, and I did not hesitate to let them know...


Office of the Premier,
Wow. I am absolutely shocked that you wrote me back. I write so many letters to people about the things that I care about. You are one of the VERY FEW to ever write me back. I commend you. I will never be so disrespectful in my tone again. 
I can tell you that your office taking the time to reply gives me not only faith in your position as Premier, but it may have given me just a hint of hope towards our political process and the state of politics in this province.
Thank you.
Tony Durke.

No comments:

Post a Comment