Monday, February 11, 2013

The Heath saga continues...


Heath,
Namaste! Thank you for the correspondence, it is always hotly anticipated and much appreciated. To have such an intelligent and thoughtful friend is a treat in life. 
Your posting on Chitwan national Park was a very interesting and insightful read. I can see from the photographs and words that this has become a monumental experience for all of you. I just love your takes on the white North American dude teaching yoga to pre-pubescent Nepali kids. 
The scene is truly worthy of a Wes Anderson film. I can picture it in great detail.
Do you miss Nepal? You said that it is nice to be somewhere warm but I can imagine you have a space in your heart for the mountain kingdom forever.
As people who live in a dark, rain drenched climate, the love for places where the Sun shines all the time is unbridled, am I right?
I just feel some kind of peace from deep within my soul when I am in a warm climate.
I see you have been writing more and more about your experiences. You are warming up. Like a singer, you must warm the vocal cords. It seems as though you are finding your voice again.
I mean, all those years and all those thoughts, without writing any of it down. There must be so much you want to put into words. Travel inspires. Love inspires.
There is a really nice balance on the blog between you and Su. I think her writing has improved since she began, it is more introspective and less descriptive. I think the reader is always more excited to know what you felt, rather than what you saw...
Keep writing. It is one of your true callings in life and to follow your muse is divine.

I am just resting on the couch today, on BC's newest holiday, Family Day. Also known as Vote Buying Day. It is much needed, as I have been production designing a film trailer.
It is a period piece, taking place in Northern Canada in 1989, so it has been an absolute blast putting together sets and props to fit that time period. When the trailer is edited and up online, I will send a link so you can see it. I am proud of what our hard work created.
We are hoping to secure some funding to make the feature film. Jay Rathore wrote and directed. 
I am in the process of changing professional hats again, transitioning out of the lighting world and into the art dept. world.
I now have an awesome studio and have joined a collective down in Strathcona, right across from the Astoria. There are hookers and crack dealers right outside the door. What a place! Talk about inspiration, my friend.
Thanks for the words regarding my new works. I was on a dry spell for a while, tired of it all, but a trip to New York galleries and art museums always inspires me. 
Art is the best way to say 'fuck you' to reality.

I am glad Ravenne is having such a great time. She is destined for culture shock when she returns to North American life and realizes what selfish, simple assholes people can be when they live in a place that obsesses over reality TV shows about rich divorcees in Hollywood...
She will be the better for it and will probably be an inspiration to her peers. 

Take care and have fun.
T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment