Monday, November 26, 2012

BCS





BCS

The sun was setting on the horizon as the waves crashed in with purpose
It was that quality of light that felt like it had mass
Like you could cut through it or swat at it 
Sand was in my shoes as I walked along
The spray and salt misted me and rested upon my skin
The sound of the cascading water could be felt 
I rested the bicycle against a tree
And positioned myself as close to the edge of the ocean as I could
Stood alone for a while 
Whale tails rise and fall 
Palapas Palms Broken shells Sea glass Grains of sand
The time was the first thing we lost
Not knowing what we were searching for but we found it here
Rest my head and my heart with you now
We left our farms to be together
Heat of the day finds it's way while the Sun is still shallow
This is the place where the desolate desert meets the abundant Sea
Juxtaposition of habitats
Scorched Earth Valhalla 

No comments:

Post a Comment