Wednesday, May 30, 2012

This message won't be lost on you

I want to buy a new year
one in which things are better than they are here
A fire of love is on fire in my heart
I knew right from the start
the thought of this would make me cry
not tears of sadness or tears of joy
I feel like a toy soldier's gun
they bring me out for fighting or just for fun
Whenever I sit down in a corner
I make sure to keep my back against the wall
That's when the best decisions are made
especially the ones that are life and death
Crossing the line is what I do best
I want to tell you all that I love you
But I don't want you to think I am crazy
Because sometimes that is what it feels like
When I am standing alone
screaming into the night
Write, write, write is what I tell myself
Fight, fight, fight is what is left in me
I cannot help it, I see a chance to win
and I take it
That is what we all do
when we are not busy trying
to make ourselves look good
on our profile page
or up on the stage
It is strange
that we always get lost
even with a map

No comments:

Post a Comment