Tuesday, December 13, 2011

IDIOT RACE


I am feeling a bit of rage and malaise these days. It used to be fairly diabolical and downright clinical for me. For years. But I learned how to find my way to contentment and peace, for the most part. I had to stop watching television, stop putting chemicals into my brain and body, stop entertaining my pain body in all sorts of unhealthy ways, stop walking the path of blackness and embrace life as it should be, a gift of joy and wonder...
I think for the most part, this recipe has been a success, I have remained well balanced and have actually garnered hope when I look out into the abyss that is the modern world.

I know the signs all too well. I withdraw from social situations, cease making art, become reactionary toward anyone who has a contradictory opinion and on and on...
I sometimes just have the urge to pull out an arsenal of semi-automatic weapons and gun down a bunch of people.
Thank goodness for strict gun laws in this country. Oh, wait, didn't the Cons just repeal the gun registry? I guess it might just be a lot easier to do something like that. Stay tuned...

I know the reason for my dark season. It is the general absurdity and idiocy with which most people on this fucking planet are governing themselves. It seems to be a real shit show out there and it's only getting worse. Where are our leaders, where are our liberators?

All over the world, a war is breaking out between the oppressors and their captors, whether it is the Arab Spring, Occupy Wall Street or just the general "Fuck you!" from a lot of people, there are lines being drawn in the sand.
And as I stand here, I cannot help but asking, "Whose side are you on, boy?"
Because there are a lot of people that I disagree with on a daily basis and do not always speak up or act, out of politeness, but I know I am reaching that critical mass point again, the point where I start collecting foes, instead of friends. I don't need friends that hate social programs, deny climate change, call protestors hippies, make racist remarks, or just don't give a shit about anything but themselves.
I think we are an idiot race and I lose respect and empathy for us, the older I get.
When are we going to wake up and smell the fucking coffee?
Not anytime soon, I guess...


No comments:

Post a Comment