Sunday, April 3, 2011

word to J

Thanks for your words to me
I read them many times over
What happened,
What became of you?
Is it true?
The distance between us
Is too far to bear
Don't you care?
Doesn't he?
All those years
All those memories
What now?
One of you
Will attend the other's funeral
And regret the direction
The decision, taken
Made
Life has misunderstandings
And demanding, to be heard
Can be hard
A shard
Of glass
Could never cut so deep
As the loss of family
Or friends
In the end
It is all we keep
In the heart
Because dark
never sleeps
It is light
That keeps us alive.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your anguish and I appreciate your words. When you bang your head against a wall it feels so good when you stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. I only know a fraction of the story. The words would never be aimed to hurt, only to convey the loss. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace Tony! The head banging comment was pertaining to me, not you. :)

    ReplyDelete