Saturday, January 22, 2011

Black Swan

I saw a movie called 'Black Swan' tonight. I don't know a thing about ballet but I do know a thing or two about mental breakdowns, so this film hit close to home. Aronofsky (the dude that directed it) is one of the best in modern American cinema today and he did not let me down. Natalie Portman was superb. Her character was annoying the hell out of me in the first half of the story and then I realised I liked her by the second half.  She is a strong actor and looks okay in tights.
All the acting was quite intense. Let's face it, this movie was fucking intense. Winona Ryder was even in it. I haven't seen that little shoplifter since Girl, interrupted. I liked the part when she stabbed herself in the face with a nail file.
There were many scenes with cracking bones, breaking nails, bleeding parts, vomiting and stabbings. I know. You are probably thinking, "What the fuck does any of this have to do with ballet?"
I agree, which is why this film is about ballet and doesn't suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment